Sunday, January 27, 2013

'Funiture' Expedition

This weekend, Mommy and Daddy took us to Kewanee, IL to visit Good's, a very large furniture store. On Saturday morning, we drove for almost 2 and a half hours to get there. We stopped at KFC for lunch and big sister Jordan threw a tantrum near the end of the meal. Daddy had to drag her out of the restaurant. When we got to the store, we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Meyers. They watched us for a couple of hours while Mommy and Daddy did a manic walk-through of the store. They found a dining table set and sofa set they liked. While they shopped, I laid quietly in the Bumblebee double stroller - it was our first time taking the double stroller out - and eventually fell asleep in it, but Jordan ran around the store in her socks while Grandma chased after her. Mommy felt bad about how Jordan was torturing Grandma.

For dinner, we went to the Station House, a casual steakhouse and American restaurant close by. Mommy had to inhale her food as usual because I got grumpy. We stayed overnight at the bed and breakfast run by the store. In the middle of the night, Jordan started crying and Daddy put her into the grown-up bed. Jordan woke me up and I started grousing. After about 20 minutes of low-level grumbling, I started crying. When I was still crying after being fed, Mommy put me into bed with her, too. So all four of us slept on one queen-sized mattress! Mommy and I laid with our heads by the foot of the bed so we could all squeeze in. When we got up in the morning, Mommy let Jordan play with her iPad in order to keep her occupied. She let me lie around on the bed.

The next morning after breakfast, Grandma and Grandpa took care of us while Mommy and Daddy went back to the store. Jordan watched Tom and Jerry on TV and I hung out on Grandpa's lap. Mommy and Daddy took a long time to decide on the features they wanted for the dining room table and chairs and for the sofa. They took so long they even had to ask for a late check-out time!

It was a fun furniture trip for Jordan and me. I'm not so sure about how it was for Mommy and Daddy. Mommy might have said something about 'being tortured' several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment