Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Outing and Pediatrician Check-up

Today Mommy and Daddy took me downtown. While Daddy went to his dentist appointment, Mommy took me to Water Tower Place to do some shopping. It was very warm for this time of year - 61 degrees! I was very curious about my surroundings. I had no idea there was such a big world outside! I want to do more outings.

After Daddy's dentist appointment, it was time for my 4-month doctor's checkup. Daddy undressed me down to my onesie. It was so warm outside in my snowsuit that I was sweating!

I laughed and smiled at Daddy since he was making funny faces at me.

Mommy made me do tummy time while waiting for the doctor.


I gained only 4 pounds 3 oz. since the last visit. I am at 14 lbs. 7 oz. (25 to 50 percentile only). Mommy kept on asking the doctor how to get me to eat more and take more calories, but the doctor basically said that my weight gain (or lack thereof) reflects my genetics. Mommy can't figure out how I'm so different from big sister Jordan. Apparently Jordan was 17 lbs. 7 oz. at my same age, a full 3 pounds heavier. Daddy said that Mommy worried about Jordan's weight even though she was so big as a baby.

The doctor also measured my height and head circumference. I'm 25 3/4 in. tall (75%) and have a head size of 16 3/4 in. (75%). Mommy pointed out that all my percentiles are declining from visit to visit, but the doctor said not to worry about it, as I could be approaching my 'genetic destiny'. Mommy looked a little grumpy.

After the doctor left, the nurse came in a few minutes later to give me my shots. I really did not like the Rotateq vaccine, which they put into my mouth. It was very yucky and I spit out as much of it as I could. Then I got two shots on my left thigh. It was no fun at all. I was mad but stopped crying soon. Mommy told Daddy later that Jordan seemed to know that she was about to be given shots and cried for a long time afterwards since she was so mad about it. I think Mommy thinks that Jordan was smarter than me when she was my age. Sheesh, Mommy, I can't cry too much or too little? Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment