Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pediatrician's Visit

I went for my two-week checkup today. I weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz., which is 1 lb. 2 oz. more than my last checkup, nine days ago. So I have been gaining 2 oz. of weight a day. Mommy was aiming to have me weigh in at 9 lbs. (Tiger Mommy!) 8 lbs. 14 oz. at 2 weeks of age is 50 to 75 percentile. I think Mommy has plans to plump me up and get me to 90+ percentile. I measured 21 1/2 inches, which is 85 percentile and have a head circumference of 14 5/8 inches, which is 90 percentile.

Mommy asked the doctor about my blood type, which is apparently B positive. Mommy is O positive, so that must mean Daddy has B blood type.

The doctor prescribed some eye ointment just in case the crustiness around my right eye is infected because my tear duct has been blocked. The doctor showed Mommy and Daddy how to massage the area around my tear duct to encourage it to become unblocked.

My next appt. is in just over 2 weeks, on Halloween. It will be my four-week checkup. There were no shots today but unfortunately next time I will get another Hep-B vaccine shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment